If you want a job include these 6 things in your personal blog/ portfolio.
- Previous Projects You’ve Worked On- It is important to give details about projects you have worked on personally and professionally too because it is a great way to demonstrate your competency, passion, and personality.
- Lessons and Skills You’ve Learned- The interviewer will love to see what lessons you have learned and what skills you’ve obtained outside during your education or work experience because your skills are the only way to stand out from others.
- Case Studies- You can even add case studies of the projects you have worked on that are similar to what they would want to do at a new company and this definitely convinced them to consider you for the role.
- Your Own Marketing Strategy Experiments- One thing that can impress your recruiter is that you are writing about personal marketing strategy experiments to grow the readership of the blog because this will help many marketers to solve their problems and learn something too.
- Testimonials and Feedback- Your testimonials and feedback are the social proof of you that definitely pushes them to hire you. Because it gives them a sense of trust in you and your work that helps you stand out from other people and confirm the quality of your work and work ethics.
- Visual Appeal- If a candidate can make their blog visually appealing, it increases their chances of getting selected more because it shows you have good writing and creativity skills too.