Top 10 Talent acquisition techniques adopted in 2021
The recruiting industry has faced a vast impact in recent years. After the covid-19 breakdown, the recruitment sector faces many problems, and this situation gives a chance to new technologies, and advanced hiring practices undoubtedly played a hand, and is manifest in the rise of such trends as virtual interviewing and optimizing the candidate experience.
Let us see how the talent acquisition technique adopts in 2021. Here are 10 ongoing and emerging trends that should have a heavy impact in 2021.
1. Artificial Intelligence (AI): One of the fastest-growing areas of talent acquisition software today is the use of artificial intelligence (AI) to source, assess, and screen employees. AI is trending because manually screening resumes and interviews is still one of the most time-consuming tasks recruiters face. But, AI-based software (Like Natural Language Processing (NLP) is used to interact with potential candidates and offer personalized communication with the latest chatbot technology. By combining voice recognition with this software helps in analyzing and reviewing candidate interviews much faster.
2. Analytics: The use of analytics across talent acquisition helps recruiters to identify the best matches for a job based on numerous parameters such as location, experience, education, and relationship networks. Analytics can help provide recruiters such metrics as – a source of hire, time to fill, time to hire, age of job (how long a job has been open), offer acceptance rate, cost per hire, quality of hire, vacancy cost (how much it costs the organization while the position remains vacant), and diversity.
3. Virtual Interview: The recent trend that has emerged in the talent acquisition and recruitment area is the virtual interview. During Covid-19 many companies switch to work from home, and it is necessary because many people can not travel from one place to another. The same condition appears while recruiting a candidate. Virtual interviewing (or Remote interviewing) involves job interviews taking place using video conferencing software, such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Cisco Webex, and similar platforms.
4. Work Culture: Work culture is a very crucial factor that binds a company together. It is challenging when an employee has to do work-from-home, and the increase in remote work makes building and maintaining a solid company culture more challenging in recent days. Therefore, it has become more difficult for an organization to put lots of effort into mustering the employees around their core values, company mission, and overall vision.
5. Contingent Worker: With businesses facing problems from a certain period due to the Covid-19 situation, managing and staffing the workforce is increasingly difficult. Short-term project works require flexibility, and contingent labour can help in meeting these demands. The trend to use contingent workers is increasing and is creating a hiring process expressly for them. The process for contingent workers is different than it is for full-time employees, and the process is quite complex, and companies need to be set up to seek out, recruit and process these types of hires.
6. Skills: Assessing skills and using them to source, screen, and match candidates to open vacancies. According to a study, 84% of bad hires typically lack soft skills such as creativity, persuasion, teamwork, collaboration, adaptability, and time management. Identifying such skills has traditionally been a hurdle, which is why recruiters are looking to revise their assessment methods as the demand grows.
7. Diversity: Statistics data show that businesses with a diverse workforce have better productivity and profitability. From time to time, it is shown that diverse teams perform better. Many firms are looking to expand the diversity of their workforces, and recruiters are accountable for identifying and bringing a broader diversity of candidates into the talent pool.
8. Employee experience: Business organizations that focus on maintaining a positive experience for employees are determined to be more successful and profitable. The same impressions exist for the candidate experience. Enhancing career sites and doing surveys to get feedback from candidates are two ways employers have improved their candidate experiences.
9. Quality Hiring: In the current era, Technology is an essential need for everyone. For businesses, this technology is beneficial to assess new candidates. This technology is based on AI (Artificial Intelligence). Through AI, it can be used to measure the performance of the recruiting team itself. It is easier to hire a candidate over quantity, but the quality is a little harder to assess, and it is also cost-effective.
10. Social Media Marketing: It is one of the biggest platforms where a talent acquisition team or recruiters interact with the candidate more effectively, as recruiters reach for the extra mile. The number of smartphone users worldwide was estimated to reach over 3.8 billion in 2021, and with increased mobile usage and on-the-go interactions, recruiters will increasingly capture users’ attention on platforms like LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.